I’m capturing top few industries/ sectors that have good prospects in medium (5 years) to long (10 years) term.
This is purely my perception based on my investment acumen & investment horizon.
List of potential sectors and Themes
- Aviation – because this industry it is just picking up in India. Best time to ride the tide.
- Pharma – For past couple of years there has been a series of misfortune for Indian pharma companies in that form of USFDA approval issues. Non compliance of manufacturing facilities in India etc.
- Automobiles & Auto Ancillaries – Good corrections in price is seen in few companies in recent few months, very good time to enter now.
- Public Sector Banks – for the need of debt and recently most of the public sector banks have corrected.
- Consumption (Paints, Tyres etc.) – Prices are reasonable in some scrips, but in dips.
- IT – Future is all about ‘Automation and Artificial Intelligence’, and this is one sector that is going to benefit from this. Though stocks in this sector are bit costly now, I’d like to start investing in few large and medium sized companies which have seen some recent corrections. Idea is to buy at dips.
- Agriculture – With lot of focus on Agriculture related reforms
Above are the few sectors and themes that I’m considering as part of my stock picking approach. Readers are advised to get help from certified investment advisors before making any buy or sell decisions based on my blog posts.